Welcome to TLR

Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer

Violence against women: Receiving more than 15 thousand calls a year on the toll-free number​

I know my comment is very simplistic but I read that and the first thought it brings me is what is wrong with men? I mean why do they have to be violent? Why so many can’t keep their sh… together and act like decent adults in control? How aren’t they ashamed to hit a woman, someone who doesn’t have the capacity to defend themselves? Bunch of cowards who are so proud to be men but who, in fact, are like little toddlers in the sense they can’t control their emotions. What makes they think they have the right to brutalize a woman (about this last question, I believe I have an idea why)
That truly makes me think as I was a witness of violence as a very young child. That hits home and I’m so tired of hearing about stories of abuse. We’re not looking for them in the media, it is just constantly in our face whether we want to hear about or not. I am a mother of daughters and I can’t imagine the thought of them being abused physically or emotionally. Yes I know women can be abusive to men too but c’mon, there are more chance that men will be the perpetrators in many case. The numbers are there. Is it the way -some- boys are raised? (I’ll always say “some” because it’s not all men! That is very clear to me) ) Is it in their DNA? I understand it’s testosterone that makes men more prominent to violence. All men have testosterone but not all become get out of control. Why are so many who so proud of being males” and so full of it? Why do some consider women as inferior and weak? I can’t stand this idea that some men are raised with the idea that they are superior to women. Doesn’t mean they will all become abusive but it certainly doesn’t help they have that notion ingrained in their brain and the most idiotic and narcissist ones will certainly use it as a pretext and excuse to be bullies and tyrants. Sorry, rant is over. I didn’t even mean to write that much. Just ticked me off to read yet another title like this one.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I know my comment is very simplistic but I read that and the first thought it brings me is what is wrong with men? I mean why do they have to be violent? Why so many can’t keep their sh… together and act like decent adults in control? How aren’t they ashamed to hit a woman, someone who doesn’t have the capacity to defend themselves? Bunch of cowards who are so proud to be men but who, in fact, are like little toddlers in the sense they can’t control their emotions. What makes they think they have the right to brutalize a woman (about this last question, I believe I have an idea why)
That truly makes me think as I was a witness of violence as a very young child. That hits home and I’m so tired of hearing about stories of abuse. We’re not looking for them in the media, it is just constantly in our face whether we want to hear about or not. I am a mother of daughters and I can’t imagine the thought of them being abused physically or emotionally. Yes I know women can be abusive to men too but c’mon, there are more chance that men will be the perpetrators in many case. The numbers are there. Is it the way -some- boys are raised? (I’ll always say “some” because it’s not all men! That is very clear to me) ) Is it in their DNA? I understand it’s testosterone that makes men more prominent to violence. All men have testosterone but not all become get out of control. Why are so many who so proud of being males” and so full of it? Why do some consider women as inferior and weak? I can’t stand this idea that some men are raised with the idea that they are superior to women. Doesn’t mean they will all become abusive but it certainly doesn’t help they have that notion ingrained in their brain and the most idiotic and narcissist ones will certainly use it as a pretext and excuse to be bullies and tyrants. Sorry, rant is over. I didn’t even mean to write that much. Just ticked me off to read yet another title like this one.
I know exactly what you mean @SouthernGirl being raised in an household filled with abuse towards a woman leaves you speechless when you see it's still happening these days. It leaves scars which you will never ever forget and in my case I don't tolerate it. When it happened in my childhood you are scared and helpless but growing older you try to stand up to it which is not tolerated by the abuser. Men who are like this are (in my mind) cruel, no respect for women, they feel they are more worth then a woman..... We can go on and on but as long as the mentality towards women doesn't change I'm afraid it will not change there will always be men who get away with it and keeps on abusing women. It made me stronger through the years but you don't forget it it's there always in the back of my mind and recognize the signss in other women. I have no solution I raised 3 sons and tried to raise them with respect to women.

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
It leaves scars which you will never ever forget and in my case I don't tolerate it.
I so so understand, @Butterflies, and yes, you don’t completely forget. We don’t think of it everyday but when you come across a story or an article on domestic abuse, you get a pinch in your heart (it’s a French expression, I hope it makes sense) It brings back memories and it hurts.

This is wonderful you raised 3 good men! This is not easy. It’s not easy to raise kids. As a parent, I want to do like you did, to get the same results. I’m teaching my girls to be good people, respectful to others, all humans, any gender, race, any job they have. You talk to someone who sweeps the streets the same way you would talk to the President.

They’re still very young, I hope they’ll be good people, and strong, hardworking, kind but not doormats, or too scared to speak up. They’re blessed to have the father they have. He values them the same way he would’ve valued a son. He would have taken a boy for sure but at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter and he couldn’t be more proud of his kids. He doesn’t need a boy to feel like a man and these girls are his pride but we are also tough and we don’t raise them like they are princesses and entitled. Through his example, they can see how women ought to be treated. I hope so.. My Mom had a good Dad but she met my Dad and he was nothing like my good grandfather. I tell my girl that no one and no man has the right to treat them poorly. This is a harsh world, and it’s even less kind to women. My wish is none of them will take crap from a boyfriend, a husband. This is so scary. And I talk about my kids but I wish the same for every young girl, every woman! I’m dreaming but seriously, teaching boys they are above girls can’t be right. It’s even harmful to them.
This hurts that there is so much spousal abuse in this world, this is universal but I believe it happens more so in some parts of the globe.

I heard yesterday on NPR a BBC report that discussed the situation of women in Afghanistan. There, girls are still denied access to public schools. They can go to private schools though (the Taliban doesn’t oppose it and they are even ok with women working) but it’s harder and school fundings for girls get often frozen. I was driving and I swore out loud. It’s disgusting.

Why this crap? Still the same question: How treating women like second class citizens is acceptable in the brains of some? And since they are second class, they have to shut up when a man talks, and it’s all right to beat them since it’ll keep them at their place. Never mind the men are often the ones who have dirtier minds. Never mind they work twice harder than them, serves them, clean after them and should be praised for never taking a break. I hurt for the little girls in Afghanistan, and even for all people there. It must be sad for everyone. Sorry that my thoughts are so scattered. I get a bit angry when I think of all that.
This world is really unfair and messed up.

Last edited:

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I so so understand, @Butterflies, and yes, you don’t completely forget. We don’t think of it everyday but when you come across a story or an article on domestic abuse, you get a pinch in your heart (it’s a French expression, I hope it makes sense) It brings back memories and it hurts.

This is wonderful you raised 3 good men! This is not easy. It’s not easy to raise kids. As a parent, I want to do like you did, to get the same results. I’m teaching my girls to be good people, respectful to others, all humans, any gender, race, any job they have. You talk to someone who sweeps the streets the same way you would talk to the President.

They’re still very young, I hope they’ll be good people, and strong, hardworking, kind but not doormats, or too scared to speak up. They’re blessed to have the father they have. He values them the same way he would’ve valued a son. He would have taken a boy for sure but at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter and he couldn’t be more proud of his kids. He doesn’t need a boy to feel like a man and these girls are his pride but we are also tough and we don’t raise them like they are princesses and entitled. Through his example, they can see how women ought to be treated. I hope so.. My Mom had a good Dad but she met my Dad and he was nothing like my good grandfather. I tell my girl that no one and no man has the right to treat them poorly. This is a harsh world, and it’s even less kind to women. My wish is none of them will take crap from a boyfriend, a husband. This is so scary. And I talk about my kids but I wish the same for every young girl, every woman! I’m dreaming but seriously, teaching boys they are above girls can’t be right. It’s even harmful to them.
This hurts that there is so much spousal abuse in this world, this is universal but I believe it happens more so in some parts of the globe.

I heard yesterday on NPR a BBC report that discussed the situation of women in Afghanistan. There, girls are still denied access to public schools. They can go to private schools though (the Taliban doesn’t oppose it and they are even ok with women working) but it’s harder and school fundings for girls get often frozen. I was driving and I swore out loud. It’s disgusting.

Why this crap? Still the same question: How treating women like second class citizens is acceptable in the brains of some? And since they are second class, they have to shut up when a man talks, and it’s all right to beat them since it’ll keep them at their place. Never mind the men are often the ones who have dirtier minds. Never mind they work twice harder than them, serves them, clean after them and should be praised for never taking a break. I hurt for the little girls in Afghanistan, and even for all people there. It must be sad for everyone. Sorry that my thoughts are so scattered. I get a bit angry when I think of all that.
This world is really unfair and messed up.
Thank you @SouthernGirl we try to do our best to raise our children to be decent humans but when they grow up they sometimes choose a different path as we thought them. My foster son is a completely different man than my own sons, he turned out to be a controlling man in relationships and I hate to see it happen, due to the nasty interfering of my rat I have no contact no more with him and my granddaughter, I didn't see her for more thrn a year now. Raising children these days is hard and there are things in life we simply can't change how hard we do our best. Taking a step back is difficult but sometimes it's the best for your own sanity. So proud of you you try to raise your daughters to be aware of the dangers in relationships as when they fall in love they hopefully see the signs of a controlling or abusive man. It's a fine line in life to teach them what's good and bad and try to be aware and to don't scare them to much to go for it. I know what you mean by a pinch in your heart it's like your heart skips a beat and somehow you feel the pain from the situation mentioned in the article (I live in the flemish part of Belgium and we are raised with 2 languages, French and flemish).
The situation in Afghanistan is horrible for the girls and women who where getting used to a more relaxed life and having more freedom and yes it's a hard life but I also believe that lots of women there agree with the taliban. Needless to say I wished they could go to school and live a decent life but I'm afraid that most men out there will be convinced it's better for the women to be controlled and restricted in their freedom.
Thinking of the way my father abused my mother all these years and how she slowly became a scared shy woman I simply can't wrap my mind around it how as a man who supposed to love her can do this. It opens a little secret place in my mind where it sits untill you talk about it with someone and all your anger and frustration hits you again. Raising little prince's is a danger for women. We as women should raise men to be caring, respectful and be open for communication to live a decent living life with each other.

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

Sidi Bouzid: The secretary general of a party violently assaults his wife!​

Tunisie Numérique learned today from well-informed sources that the secretary general of a well-known party in Sidi Bouzid violently assaulted his wife.

What was most astonishing was that the party had fiercely defended women's rights and the importance of women's role in society.

Strange paradox!
Yeah what they do in private is a different story

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Hopefully they will change the age for cigarette buying also, correct me if I’m wrong @Aisha1 I know you probably do not smoke but when I was there the first time 2017 he had his little neice go buy like 2 or 3 cigarettes she was younger then 10 yrs I’m thinking maybe 6 or 7

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer

Tunisia-Sousse [VIDEO]: fire continues in the warehouse of the Italian waste import company​

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer

Tunisia-Associate professor violently assaulted and threatened with death​

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer

Exclusive / Tunisia – IMF: Tunisia seeks to borrow $ 35.9 billion in 5 years (Document)​

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer

Tunisia-[Video]Salary freeze in the public service for 5 years: Minister of Social Affairs explains​

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

Exclusive / Tunisia – IMF: Tunisia seeks to borrow $ 35.9 billion in 5 years (Document)​

Ha key word “borrow “ hmmmm

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Hopefully they will change the age for cigarette buying also, correct me if I’m wrong @Aisha1 I know you probably do not smoke but when I was there the first time 2017 he had his little neice go buy like 2 or 3 cigarettes she was younger then 10 yrs I’m thinking maybe 6 or 7
And I’m sure it is not going to save lives the rats don’t pay for them anyway we did! But true maybe it will keep others from starting

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer

Rampant poverty got the better of Tunisians!​

Well, the Tunisian love rats are getting richer off their victims, the parents will have no shame
when their rat sons are getting them the dinars

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Last edited: