Welcome to TLR

USA: 90 days fiance (series)

L

Laura2014

Well it was no surprise at all when I watched Jenny and Sumit. I had the feeling he was married all along, and sure enough, he spilled the beans that he's already married. What a bafoon. Poor Jenny :(
I think that episode airs in the UK tomorrow, but yes suspected something like that. What on earth is his game? Presumably it will turn out to have been an arranged marriage or something? So how did he go through the promise ceremony without disclosing it?

B

Brasilgirl

I think that episode airs in the UK tomorrow, but yes suspected something like that. What on earth is his game? Presumably it will turn out to have been an arranged marriage or something? So how did he go through the promise ceremony without disclosing it?
I don’t think they did the ring ceremony. I’m not sure if he is technically married or married and living with his wife when he is not with Jenny. But married is married. I’m also not sure how he affords it all without a job. But I do feel bad for Jenny because as her daughter said “he has her under a spell”. You could tell her daughter sees more of his game from her perspective. A new twist in a rat tactics. Maybe he’s looking for a mistress?

Beverley

Major Ratslayer
What does Rebecca see in Zied, he's definitely not easy on the eye and as soon as he opens his mouth, i just cringe... but poor Ceasar he has sent her so much money, sent her 2,000 for flight which she ended up using to buy things she needed for the trip, he then bought her flight ticket, sent her and she has done nothing but ignore him and he still things she loves him, its absolutely heartbreaking to watch

Etoyoc

Major Ratslayer
Ukrainian catfishs are quite famous. "Maria" is, meanwhile, sitting with his buddies in the club and enjoys the money he has scammed. :)

D

Deleted member 29280

What does Rebecca see in Zied, he's definitely not easy on the eye and as soon as he opens his mouth, i just cringe... but poor Ceasar he has sent her so much money, sent her 2,000 for flight which she ended up using to buy things she needed for the trip, he then bought her flight ticket, sent her and she has done nothing but ignore him and he still things she loves him, its absolutely heartbreaking to watch
So sad. I feel like that was alot of us with our rats :(

Amira

Major Ratslayer
Unfortunately, they think they married parties that are only looking for money and residence permits in this series.

Amira

Major Ratslayer
The most surprising thing is that if they get married and get divorced then is he / she responsible for their ex up to 10 years even though they are divorced? Strange and sour

Hey all, I’m new from the USA, thanks for approving me. I was interested in this site after watching Zied on 90 day fiancé. The concept of marrying a Tunisian is strange here, so the show has a lot of us hooked. Rebecca would be financially responsible for him for ten years so the stakes are high

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
Hey all, I’m new from the USA, thanks for approving me. I was interested in this site after watching Zied on 90 day fiancé. The concept of marrying a Tunisian is strange here, so the show has a lot of us hooked. Rebecca would be financially responsible for him for ten years so the stakes are high

Did you see the first series with Danielle and Mohamed?
The last I saw Danielle was trying to get the marriage annulled and have him deported but it's difficult for me to get updates here, I have to rely on YouTube

I wasn't watching the series then, but they did an update recently. Danielle doesn't seem very mentally capable, they never had a real relationship and I don't think she understood the process. She fully affirmed Mohamed's visa, then tried to annul the marriage but it was too late, so there was a divorce. She's financially responsible for him, but the good news is he became independent right away, he's a truck driver living in Texas, has a nice lifestyle. He's on Instagram mohamedjbaliusa.

I wasn't watching the series then, but they did an update recently. Danielle doesn't seem very mentally capable, they never had a real relationship and I don't think she understood the process. She fully affirmed Mohamed's visa, then tried to annul the marriage but it was too late, so there was a divorce. She's financially responsible for him, but the good news is he became independent right away, he's a truck driver living in Texas, has a nice lifestyle. He's on Instagram mohamedjbaliusa.
Lol sorry this gave you angry emoji Amber. People here feel he earned his visa because the show set him up with an unstable woman for views, and also because he has assimilated well. People feel the same way about Angel’s Michael, they think the show is letting her abuse him, so there actually a gofundme to get him a visa without her

Etoyoc

Major Ratslayer
People here feel he earned his visa because the show set him up with an unstable woman for views
You should really watch the relevant season, but with open eyes and ears. There were clear signs that he was up for Bezness.
Michael from Nigeria ... the same - he repeatedly gave the firm impression that he is doing all this to live in the US. Exactly that is what is being called "Bezness".

Who is being allegedly abused and who is the abuser, it is not really transparent what are the scripted parts story and what is being the actual, free-will acting of the participants.
It seems that most are on the show to promote themselves in one way or the other on social media, and no matter what one or the other will do, they will find their followers and those who like them, as well as others who will hate them.
The show (and others of its kind) is not about the truth or about factual life reporting, but about emotions only.

I had the opportunity to watch such a production (not TLC or affiliated, though) first hand, "disappointment" and even "disgust" are certainly words that come to my mind first when I think about it.

Sure it’s mostly scripted, that said from a US viewpoint Danielle stalked Mohamed and Angela is verbally, emotionally and physically abusing Michael on camera. Even if the producers tell her to do so she should refuse. A typical American will overlook a foreigner’s intentions, even if it was bezness, if the other partner is abusive. Jay is an exception, Ashley is clearly abusive (she threw a fire extinguisher through his window) but people have no sympathy for him, his IG comments are a mess.

Cydney

Major Ratslayer
Lol sorry this gave you angry emoji Amber. People here feel he earned his visa because the show set him up with an unstable woman for views, and also because he has assimilated well. People feel the same way about Angel’s Michael, they think the show is letting her abuse him, so there actually a gofundme to get him a visa without her
That is disgusting that people think that way. Also from what I remember mohammed was manipulating her and intentionally getting her going and trying to set up a case for abuse with the police.

Hey I wouldn’t say disgusting, that’s a bit offensive. I think it’s positive that we protect fiancés who endure physical abuse or threats. Age gaps don’t matter here much but considering Danielle’s physical appearance, she must have known he wouldn’t be with her, so she used him too. Her son was convicted of criminal threats against him, making him the clear victim in the US. We don’t have a noticeable problem with marriage fraud over here, like in Canada, so there’s not a lot of resentment against the foreign spouse if things don’t work out (except for the case of Jay Smith). I’ve actually never met anyone with a visa-sponsored spouse. I realize it might be different where you live.

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
..... but considering Danielle’s physical appearance, she must have known he wouldn’t be with her,

So what your saying is that it is obvious that he used her just to get a visa, that he faked his side of the relationship just to get a visa and you think that she should have known that?
Is it ok with you that someone does that?

If she knew, and I say 'if', this would legally be classed as a marriage scam which is illegal us the US and he would have been deported.
“Marriage fraud is a serious crime,” USCIS Houston Director Tony Bryson said in the statement.

But she didn't know.
He knew and so he had to convince her that he loved her, he needed to play games with her emotions, he needed to lie to her and then he needed to manipulate the situation to make it look like it was all her fault that the relationship failed :(

I have no doubt that Danielle and her family went through emotional hell before her son resorted to physical threats so please don't paint her family as the bad ones.

The fact that he's managed to convince 'most' Americans that he is the victim, that his original intentions were pure but that sadly his wife turned out to be crazy shows what a prize manipulator he is.

And the fact that he's convinced most Americans shows that he was probably able to convince Danielle too - in short he's fooled you but still you're blaming her for being fooled :confused:

...so she used him too.

How did she use him?
What did she use him for?

.....We don’t have a noticeable problem with marriage fraud over here

Yes you do

.....We don’t have a noticeable problem with marriage fraud over here, . I realize it might be different where you live.

Yes, it is different where I live. I see it on a daily basis, I see how these guys operate and how they will do absolutely anything to convince someone and break someone just to get a visa. And they are so convincing that this one has even convinced you.

Etoyoc

Major Ratslayer
I’ve actually never met anyone with a visa-sponsored spouse. I realize it might be different where you live.
Well, speaking about Europe, there is hardly any problem at all with migrants from Latin America - but in the US, it might be different. :) There are, however, good reasons for that, the main one being that it is by far more expensive and difficult to get to Europe from Latin America - as it is more expensive and difficult to get from Tunisia to the US. If the costs and difficulties become less, the problems will rise.

Age gaps don’t matter here much
It is not a question of whether they matter much or not in a society. It is a question of whether the thoughts and morals about it of a foreign partner are deliberately exploiting this tolerance of the society for the sole reason of achieving his own goals. In his "Open Society", Popper wrote:

>>
Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.
<<

considering Danielle’s physical appearance, she must have known he wouldn’t be with her
Because she assumed that, as with the age gap, a foreigner would share the exact ideals or tolerances of the US society?

However, the point is, that NONE of the ideals, tolerances and non-tolerances of a society or person are of any interest to a person who conducts Bezness, because heshe only considers the OWN thoughts and morals - and that is, again said, exploiting a tolerance for own gains only.

It is not on me to tell people how they shall conduct their lifes and whether or not they can or cannot exploit moral values or resort to legal or violent ways. That is up to each ones own, because, ultimately, it is them as well, who have to deal with the consequences.

What me, and others, CAN do, however, is to disclose and explain the methods of Bezness and the reasons why Bezness attacks are likely to be met with only little or no defence at all. What people make of it, is, again, up to them.

US attitude is we typically we expect people to be savvy about relationships, since there was obviously a huge gap in their physical appearance, she should have known. And abuse is almost always unforgivable here, especially abuse to try to keep someone in a romantic relationship. As for Latinx, they usually enter our country through asylum, maybe that’s easier than finding a sponsor. Anyway I’m just sharing the American perspective – I wasn’t expecting anyone to take it so weirdly personally. The Popper quotes made you come off as mental, it’s a 20 min reality show, just breathe lol

Cydney

Major Ratslayer
US attitude is we typically we expect people to be savvy about relationships, since there was obviously a huge gap in their physical appearance, she should have known. And abuse is almost always unforgivable here, especially abuse to try to keep someone in a romantic relationship. As for Latinx, they usually enter our country through asylum, maybe that’s easier than finding a sponsor. Anyway I’m just sharing the American perspective – I wasn’t expecting anyone to take it so weirdly personally. The Popper quotes made you come off as mental, it’s a 20 min reality show, just breathe lol
Please don't presume that because you watch a heavily edited "reality" tv show that you must come here and represent the "American perspective". First there are plenty of Americans in the group. Second, not one of them needs to be educated on your perspective. This is a place for victims of romance fraud and those who support them to come together and heal, problem solve, commiserate, vent, support. etc. It is not a spectacle for your amusement.
Lastly your perspective is yours alone and certainly not the "American perspective" rather the perspective of an American.

Cydney

Major Ratslayer
I would like to point out that Mohammed planne from early on to use VAWA to keep his greencard if he divorced danielle early. She did not "abuse" him and neither did her son. That asshole called the police on her so many times that the police finally had to tell him to stop because he was wasting their time because his calls were without merit. He was just trying to prove "abuse" that didnt exist. You know nothing about how these assholes operate. YOU are the naive one falling for his act and actually believing that Danielle was "abusive"

Etoyoc

Major Ratslayer
Tun as T and as in "Moon"
isi as in "busy", note: the first i has the emphasis of the word, the second one is carried over into a "ya"
a as in "bar"

Tunisia = somewhat like "Toonîsie-ya"

Wrong pronounciation might also come from the word being misspelled in english often as "Tunesia".

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
US attitude is we typically we expect people to be savvy about relationships, since there was obviously a huge gap in their physical appearance, she should have known.

Exactly... As the general attitude is that she should have know than surely the general attitude should be 'we knew' and if people in general 'knew' that he was lying, using her and conning her just to get a visa how can they defend that? How can they think that's ok? How can they accept that he planned it all from the start and still put the blame her ?

And FYI he fooled the immigration authorities, they must have believed it was a 'genuine relationship' or he wouldn't have got his visa...
And yet it's somehow now all her fault because he also fooled her :confused: