Welcome to TLR

Warning Signs

B

Brasilgirl

Def those offices aren’t cool as Headquarters, they don’t even have air conditioning, very old rusty furniture, several people in one small space. Not even the boss is having fun.
:rolleyes: If they were that disciplined their story would be very different. Mine was indeed working at that place, showed me a little about it. But it was a job anyways. He quit because it was not easy to follow rules and not comfortable, even coworkers were mocking him for being so delicate and getting sick every now and then.
Or... he started to make more money off his victims and didn’t need that job anymore.
They are all so tough when it suits them and babies when they want something. Very manipulative.

M

Mango Chutney

.I’m thinking iPod for kids with games, but certainly no IT pro...
They are not pros in IT. They're always bragging how they're gonna hack this and hack that, they're gonna cause hell, they're gonna bring the system down, blah blah....it's all bullshit and lies :thumbsup:
Their tech is decades behind ours, they haven't got a clue....yet so many victims believe the hacking threats and say "Oh, he's really good with this stuff" :rolleyes:
They're not good, they're Shite....but because this world of threats, lies and bullshit is alien to us....it's easy to believe.
If they get into our accounts, it's because they've known emails, passwords etc.
Don't get me wrong....a real professional could....but we're talking rats, not professionals.
He quit because it was not easy to follow rules and not comfortable
Most rats quit work when they think they've hit the jackpot - secured the golden victim.
They are lazy, they want the lazy coffee shop, marathon sleep and eating mummies freshly prepared food, easy life.
Most rats will blame the victim for loss of said job, to make her feel bad.....and offer cash :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 34774

The more I read on here, the more I learned that everything was fake. Mine went out of his way to show me his birth certificate, i.d...etc..the minute I accused him of being a liar. There is nothing real about them. They lie so much, it's a wonder that they remember their own real name.
Girllllll.....i got the whole shebang. The birth cert, passport, the passwords to accounts (didnt work) and all. :rolleyes:

Start asking questions and all of a sudden im making the relationship bad. Shite didn't make sense.

I can honestly say they will make you think youre crazy. When you know it just doesnt make sense.

E

Epiphany

Girllllll.....i got the whole shebang. The birth cert, passport, the passwords to accounts (didnt work) and all. :rolleyes:

Start asking questions and all of a sudden im making the relationship bad. Shite didn't make sense.

I can honestly say they will make you think youre crazy. When you know it just doesnt make sense.
Yup, questions are always an issue with them. Heaven forbid you ask a question.

The thing is, he always had an answer to my questions, the lies that they were. All the other times when he couldn't be bothered to deal with my questions, I would get the silent treatment for a week.

I don't normally put up with that sort of behaviour from men, so I'm surprised that I put up with that for as long as I did.

D

Deleted member 34774

Yup, questions are always an issue with them. Heaven forbid you ask a question.

The thing is, he always had an answer to my questions, the lies that they were. All the other times when he couldn't be bothered to deal with my questions, I would get the silent treatment for a week.

I don't normally put up with that sort of behaviour from men, so I'm surprised that I put up with that for as long as I did.
I completely understand this all too well. There was an answer for every question. No matter how much you try to get them to see that it didnt make sense, they stuck to their lies.

Did yours ever say he told you something in the beginning, but you were 100% sure that they never told you?

E

Epiphany

I completely understand this all too well. There was an answer for every question. No matter how much you try to get them to see that it didnt make sense, they stuck to their lies.

Did yours ever say he told you something in the beginning, but you were 100% sure that they never told you?
Absolutely. He would always get me second guessing myself. He had me convinced that I was forgetful about things he supposedly mentioned to me in the beginning, when I knew that he hadn't. Now I know that I can be forgetful at times, but not about things regarding him. They are such manipulative liars. Judge Judy always says.."if it doesn't make sense...it ain't true"...

D

Deleted member 34774

Absolutely. He would always get me second guessing myself. He had me convinced that I was forgetful about things he supposedly mentioned to me in the beginning, when I knew that he hadn't. Now I know that I can be forgetful at times, but not about things regarding him. They are such manipulative liars. Judge Judy always says.."if it doesn't make sense...it ain't true"...
Yep. Warning Sign: the moment they say hello, RUN. Over 150,000 messages here, all warnings. Even the rats who comes in disguise, indirectly warns us. They show their true colors.

I wouldn't dare go back and play those mental gymnastics. His fav words, "I told you that before." :rolleyes:

Josy

Junior Rat Expert
Es klingt ein bisschen komisch, um es gelinde auszudrücken. Hat er Sie gebeten, Tunesien zu besuchen und vielleicht seine Familie zu treffen?
Für den Fall, dass Sie nicht mehr weiterkommen möchten

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Hi i'm new to this site , i was wondering if you think this is normal , i have been talking to a man on skype , msn tagged etc for a few months and he has continued to show me that he cares for me with me making little sometimes no effort ..he asked for my full name because he wanted to send me some money so i can visit him in sweden where he is studying right now , he sent the money to me using the name he knew not my middle name and i dont want to collect it even though i know it is there because i have phoned western union myself and checked , he says when he looks at me that his heart just melts , ima 36 year old women and it takes more than saying those things to trust a tunisien man as i have experienced rats in the past , i really like him but he is telling me he loves me already and wants me to visit him now and wants to send more money to help me get the stuff i need to bring like more clothes , he just wnats to spoil me , i think it'scrazy behaviour really .. it's just sending me the money makes me think he does genuinlly care for me , he always phones me and texts me , i never use any money to contact him only texts , he says anything i need he will provide , im just so confused ... help someone anyone lol !!
If he lives abroad and he’s a Tunisian I can only conclude that his relationship broke down in that country and he’s looking for another European to carry on his stay, otherwise he will be kicked out of the country... did I understand your post correctly? Or if he is a student as he says then it means he wants a relationship so he can stay in that country but marry and change his status from student to married.. clever move please dont fall for it, say NO.

Bubbly

Major Ratslayer
If he lives abroad and he’s a Tunisian I can only conclude that his relationship broke down in that country and he’s looking for another European to carry on his stay, otherwise he will be kicked out of the country... did I understand your post correctly? Or if he is a student as he says then it means he wants a relationship so he can stay in that country but marry and change his status from student to married.. clever move please dont fall for it, say NO.

Yeah he is buying a relationship lol, maybe his visa will expire soon and he needs an accommodation somewhere else. I mean anything is possible. I wouldn’t give anyone online my details.

Calfuray

First, thank you everyone for this website. I had a lot of suspicions and warning signs, that I went to search online for a forum like this. I knew I could not be the only person who encountered something like this.

I do not think he started off being a rat, but he ended up being one. We played this game on facebook together. We started talking in the game April 2018 but in the game, you don’t know if you’re a girl, a guy or where you live. Nothing was brought up all we did was talk about the game. One day I wanted to show him a screenshot of an error I got in the game, so I asked him to be friends on facebook. For months and months, we just talked and talked. My mom passed away in October 2018 and he was there for me. He became a really great friend. Nothing romantic happened between us. In March 2019, he lost his job and an at that time, he said I will be fine I have savings. He stated he was looking for a job. Then in May, he did ask for $300 as he didn’t have enough money for his rent and food. So I did help him as I felt bad. Then in July he started a job at a Call Center for HP. Everything was great after that. We started to get closer and then I planned a trip in February 2020. we were going to meet as he told his parents about me but the Corona Virus happened. Then in March 2020 he lost his job due to Virus. In April he moved in with his parents as he had no job no savings. He was fine but then I noticed he asked for money in May and then in June. In July he did get his job back at the call center. But he did ask for money again in July then again in August. But each time, he wanted more.

Like I said, we play this game together so we have each others facebook information in case one of us could not make it in time to put shields on our castles. I was on his account when his friend messaged him and wanted to go out. When my friend said, I have no money, his friend said, just ask xxxx which is me.. For the record, I did not mean to read it, but the messaged popped up and when I saw my name of course I did read it...So he made up an excuse that he needed some money. And this is where I did end it. It was for nothing but to party with his friends. I am still not sure if it was him or the influence of his friends, but it was him who asked me so I had to cut if off fast. Like everyone says, it hurts as I feel like I lost my best friend, but grateful I only lost a few hundred dollars and not thousands of dollars.

Now the coping starts..

Peacock

Major Ratslayer
First, thank you everyone for this website. I had a lot of suspicions and warning signs, that I went to search online for a forum like this. I knew I could not be the only person who encountered something like this.

I do not think he started off being a rat, but he ended up being one. We played this game on facebook together. We started talking in the game April 2018 but in the game, you don’t know if you’re a girl, a guy or where you live. Nothing was brought up all we did was talk about the game. One day I wanted to show him a screenshot of an error I got in the game, so I asked him to be friends on facebook. For months and months, we just talked and talked. My mom passed away in October 2018 and he was there for me. He became a really great friend. Nothing romantic happened between us. In March 2019, he lost his job and an at that time, he said I will be fine I have savings. He stated he was looking for a job. Then in May, he did ask for $300 as he didn’t have enough money for his rent and food. So I did help him as I felt bad. Then in July he started a job at a Call Center for HP. Everything was great after that. We started to get closer and then I planned a trip in February 2020. we were going to meet as he told his parents about me but the Corona Virus happened. Then in March 2020 he lost his job due to Virus. In April he moved in with his parents as he had no job no savings. He was fine but then I noticed he asked for money in May and then in June. In July he did get his job back at the call center. But he did ask for money again in July then again in August. But each time, he wanted more.

Like I said, we play this game together so we have each others facebook information in case one of us could not make it in time to put shields on our castles. I was on his account when his friend messaged him and wanted to go out. When my friend said, I have no money, his friend said, just ask xxxx which is me.. For the record, I did not mean to read it, but the messaged popped up and when I saw my name of course I did read it...So he made up an excuse that he needed some money. And this is where I did end it. It was for nothing but to party with his friends. I am still not sure if it was him or the influence of his friends, but it was him who asked me so I had to cut if off fast. Like everyone says, it hurts as I feel like I lost my best friend, but grateful I only lost a few hundred dollars and not thousands of dollars.

Now the coping starts..
Hi and welcome. Well done for realising what was happening and ending things before he bled you dry. You will be hurting like mad right now as you are feeling the loss of your "friend". A true friend would not be using you for their monthly pay cheque. They really are stupid creatures, they are never content and just want more and more. You have had a lucky escape!!

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer

Now the coping starts..
Hi AcerBerner welcome to the site glad you found it in time before you where in it to deepin the relation . They all start as nice men but soon their true face shine through. Asking for money is a big flag because a true genuine tunisian would never ask money to a woman. It hurts now we know but you escaped it thanks to Corona. We are here for you we understand it how it feels to be conned xx

Mica

Administrator
Staff member

Now the coping starts..
$300 is the equivalent of one months wages in a call centre in Tunisia. It's very cheap to live here, the cost of living is less than a third of the cost in USA.

If he asked you for money in June, July & August and he asked for more than before, you were effectively covering more than his months wages each time :(

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer

Now the coping starts..
Welcome @AcerBerner,
So glad that he slipped up and you got to read that message. It really doesnt take them long to drop their cover / guard / back story and the truth begins to seep through.
Mates are also heavily involved in the 'scam'. Mine had invited his over to surprise us and join us for dinner (not me) for a feast and beer and dropped the the tab on me which enraged me.
They are cheeky opportunistic greedy bastards with a sense of entitlement to our hard earned money as you found out, his friends knew you were the cash cow how? BECAUSE HE HAD TOLD THEM.
You will cope, I am coping, the worst thing you can do is freeze them out as it drives them mad...send him to Siberia emotionally - good luck x

Calfuray

yes, he does not know yet that I know. I am waiting until he he asks for more money which will be soon and I'll say hey I'll send you a little extra because I care so much about you and send him an old western union slip :) He will be so excited and when he gets there BOOM nothing. At that point, he will be deleted and blocked from my account. I wish I could see his face when they tell him that is an old number.

I know that is mean, but I think he deserves it or am i wrong

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
yes, he does not know yet that I know. I am waiting until he he asks for more money which will be soon and I'll say hey I'll send you a little extra because I care so much about you and send him an old western union slip :) He will be so excited and when he gets there BOOM nothing. At that point, he will be deleted and blocked from my account. I wish I could see his face when they tell him that is an old number.

I know that is mean, but I think he deserves it or am i wrong
Yes and report it as a scam with Western Union so he cannot use it again x

Calfuray

$300 is the equivalent of one months wages in a call centre in Tunisia. It's very cheap to live here, the cost of living is less than a third of the cost in USA.

If he asked you for money in June, July & August and he asked for more than before, you were effectively covering more than his months wages each time :(
Yes, this is when he started hanging out with his friends. He would send me pictures saying I am out with guy friends see, no girls, your my only love just guys being guys. At that time, I did not know I was paying for all this. Now I am just waiting. I know he went out over the weekend so he will be asking soon or towards the middle of the month when his paycheck is running low. It feels good that I know and now that I do, I can play this game with him until the Western Union boom. I cannot wait. And thanks Tigerpants, I will make sure I report him to Western Union.

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
Yes, this is when he started hanging out with his friends. He would send me pictures saying I am out with guy friends see, no girls, your my only love just guys being guys. At that time, I did not know I was paying for all this. Now I am just waiting. I know he went out over the weekend so he will be asking soon or towards the middle of the month when his paycheck is running low. It feels good that I know and now that I do, I can play this game with him until the Western Union boom. I cannot wait. And thanks Tigerpants, I will make sure I report him to Western Union.
keep us updated

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer

Now the coping starts..
welcome,

Yes once you start giving money the first time they will never stop asking, they don’t want friendship, they prefer to have their own friends who are doing the same, asking for money, they get to any woman who is a foreigner thru any means in the net and with you it was just an innocent game to befriend you and get to know your circumstances, he was just fishing you until he got what he wanted... yep defo a RAT, good that you said bye before getting too involved, that’s how we all started, go to Tunisia when you can and enjoy other things the country has to offer but never never meet any Tunisian man, you will have to take a lot of expensive gifts for himself, keep reading this page and you seem to have done the right thing, good luck to you x