Welcome to TLR

Why do married Tunisian men have relationships with European women?

H

hind

the first time i went to see my mans family I wanted to bring something for them. But also I was carefull for doing this. Why??? Because of all the rat stories. I wanted them to like me for me and not for my gifts. So bit off a dilemma here. Normally when I go to somebodys home the first time I bring something to say thank you for having me, but at this time i was still figuring out if my man had the right intentions. So what did I do?? I didnt buy my man anything, I bought some chocolate for the family and a little something for the expected baby and thats it. Because this is the same i would have done here and nothing more. They were very much surprised that I bought these gifts and never they asked me to bring more. Like said before if they do I go deaf lol. After this I've gone back several times and I only take something for the baby.
In 3 weeks I will be there again and now I bought something for my man, for the first time, I think he will be surprised lol.
Now I have a question, I've heard (read on a dutch forum) that normally when you have a gift they dont unpack this when you are in the room with them. My tunisian family unpacks it when I am there, so I dont know if this is true. So what is the common thing for this?

W

WouldI

Hmmm I'm not sure - I seem to remember that when I've given wrapped gifts they've been quite shy about opening them in front of me, but it's not something I've thought about before xxx

Tunisianbelle

'Don't call me Darling!' Mod
It depends on the person. I am usually the one who is quite shy about opening presents in front of people, and they are always telling me not to be so shy.

D

DizziBlonde

when i was married to that thing :)

I took his mum a pair of royal blue curtains :) 90x90 carried all the way from england, they where inthe process of buying new sofa's and stuff for their sitting room so i took them, she was so happy she cried, they cost me £16 in a sale.

In the past when we visited i took his sisters perfume, his brothers lynx stuff,his neice clothes, dad socks :) his mum i always took something nice but before we got there i would go to carrefor and buy flowers and pastries.

They gave me the most uglies handbag i had ever seen and shoes when we split up he asked for them back :O

V

Veritas

I took his mum a pair of royal blue curtains :) 90x90 carried all the way from england, they where inthe process of buying new sofa's and stuff for their sitting room so i took them, she was so happy she cried, they cost me £16 in a sale.

In the past when we visited i took his sisters perfume, his brothers lynx stuff,his neice clothes, dad socks :) his mum i always took something nice but before we got there i would go to carrefor and buy flowers and pastries.

They gave me the most uglies handbag i had ever seen and shoes when we split up he asked for them back :O
:rofl::rofl::rofl::oops:sorry Dizzi...couldn't help myself! (f)

C

Caramel

:rofl2:

I now say when I was married to that 'beast'.

Filfil

Major Ratslayer
you want the truth because its easy to use european women than tunisian womens because tunisian womens know all that stories
and i dont know why europeans womens always believe what mens tell them may be because they feel need for love and tender

paula01

Senior Rat Expert
When I was there a few weeks ago, I was talking to an older chap who had the shop in the hotel. He said he had a Swedish girlfriend before who loved him, his family took his passport when he went back to Tunisia for a holiday :huh: He then married a Tunisian woman who he had 3 children with, but he knew she didnt love him just his money. He said the Swedish one still contacted him for many years saying she still loved him, and sent him tickets to fly out and see her. The wife he said, knew about this but was not jealous. He stated that his wife would be jealous if it was a Tunisian woman, but they dont care if they are foreign. I asked him why, if the Swedish woman loved you, would you marry someone that you knew only wanted your money??? He did not answer me:O This confused me, he was either lying, or they are quite content marrying someone who thinks the same way as they do:huh:

L

Liana

When I was there a few weeks ago, I was talking to an older chap who had the shop in the hotel. He said he had a Swedish girlfriend before who loved him, his family took his passport when he went back to Tunisia for a holiday :huh: He then married a Tunisian woman who he had 3 children with, but he knew she didnt love him just his money. He said the Swedish one still contacted him for many years saying she still loved him, and sent him tickets to fly out and see her. The wife he said, knew about this but was not jealous. He stated that his wife would be jealous if it was a Tunisian woman, but they dont care if they are foreign. I asked him why, if the Swedish woman loved you, would you marry someone that you knew only wanted your money??? He did not answer me:O This confused me, he was either lying, or they are quite content marrying someone who thinks the same way as they do:huh:
Oh, Paula I am sure he told the truth about the Tunisian women, I also heard that they are not jealous about foreign women as long as they know money may be flowing in , especially before they get married .They enjoy the thought of their fiance getting more to make their nest comfortable.

C

Oh, Paula I am sure he told the truth about the Tunisian women, I also heard that they are not jealous about foreign women as long as they know money may be flowing in , especially before they get married .They enjoy the thought of their fiance getting more to make their nest comfortable.
I have often thought that my ex rat's wife must have know about me (and no doubt other women he has been with).

Filfil

Major Ratslayer
Did you believe that the family in tunisia can take away a passport from a men ?its unbelivebale its just an excuse;And also tuniian women are jalous from any others women ,so the men is lying and he also want to marry tunisian girl may be for her money too

L

Liana

I agree that it is very doubtful the family would arrest his passport, however, as for marrying a Tunisian girl for money - is that possible in Tunisia? I was convinced a rich girl would never even look at a poor guy over there

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
I don't think it's fair to stereotype or lump all Tunisian women into one category. Just like any other culture there is good and bad. I'm sure there are Tunisian women who are in on the rattery and allow it to go on because they want the money. Likewise there are probably more Tunisian women who have no idea what's going on and the rat has been clever enough to cover his tracks and make up stories so she won't be suspicious. I believe in most cases, the majority of women would not be okay with their boyfriend, fiance, or husband being with any other woman no matter what her nationality, age, or looks.

Perhaps the Tunisian man wants the money from the foreign woman and wants children from the Tunisian woman so he's playing them both off of each other.

I'm also sure it's possible that men marry Tunisian girls for money IF they can get away with it. I think in this case the Tunisian father of the girl probably makes that more difficult. Our resident Tunisians will correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not as common (at least did not use to be) in Tunisia for people to marry outside of their social class/economic class. Rich marry rich. Poor marry poor. I guess there are some in the middle that might go either way.

Ben

Administrator
I just heard of a Tunisian guy here who scammed a Tunisian girl out of her money and a whole lot more.

Really sad..sad sad sad. He is a US citizen, she is illegal. He seduced her, got a whole week in Vegas with her. Of course she paid for everything, flight room ..etc.. plus gave him $600 in cash to gamble with.

Then he showed her the door !

V

Veritas

Only goes to show how some people live their lifes irrespective of gender, nationalty, etc.
They're just evil and wicked - through and through.....bastards! :sick:puke:

the highlander

Senior Rat Expert
The thread is called" Why do married Tunisian men have relationships with European women?"
The reason is a very simple one CAUSE THEY CAN
for some reason when european women arrive there as i have said before all sense and sensiblity goes out the window
WHY?
this is the question i have been asking over and over and to date have never had a reply that really makes sense
apparently their english is not in some cases very good except for the pre paired lines
but the lass dont ask well if you cant speak it how the hell can you txt perfect english?
the petulant nature is excused as aww he is acting like a wee boy?
the possesive nature is excused as love "cause he misses me"
over and over i have asked why, what do these men have? that you dont really see anywhere else
As stated at the start its CAUSE THEY CAN well if women kept their brains in gear their senses keen and common sense prevailed then the rats would not exist

As somebody in the uk once said when on holiday "keep yer haun on yer hapeney and yer nickers up"

ora best
the hairy one

alAzima

I think the only answer to what you're asking Highlander that might make sense is.. Because they are exotic.

I guess people crave different ; what they don't see every day.

Maybe they had a nice holiday in a foreign land and want to keep a piece of that holiday with them forever. I don't know.

the highlander

Senior Rat Expert
thanks alAzima
i see your point well if being truthful i dont lol
u get holiday romances all over the world but thats exactly what they are holiday romances
only in countries where bezness is practised do they seem to get their claws in so quickly
what i mean is what would normally take a while to meet, get to know, fall in love. you can condense it down to 2 maybe 3 days
so these guys must be good lol either that or, excuse this, they are hung like a horse and can use it hahahaha

alAzima

thanks alAzima
i see your point well if being truthful i dont lol
u get holiday romances all over the world but thats exactly what they are holiday romances
only in countries where bezness is practised do they seem to get their claws in so quickly
what i mean is what would normally take a while to meet, get to know, fall in love. you can condense it down to 2 maybe 3 days
so these guys must be good lol either that or, excuse this, they are hung like a horse and can use it hahahaha
The men .. er rats.. are good at their games AND the women probably watch too many romance movies lol

tigerlil

Major Ratslayer
it doesnt seem to matter what you look like or how old your are, you get hit on by these guys, i was in a coffee shop in Djerba and this young chap who had to be in his 20s had an old dear on his arm way in her 70s...i was just staring with my mouth open, they were clearly in a relationship he wasnt just helping her to a chair...i was with my husband and his uncle who told me "we say they are in the club" he also showed his disgust as this elderly lady was obviously a cash point to this guy...so there you go!!! maybe she didnt mind she didnt look like she had long left on this earth so i guess she might as well go out with a smile on her face:D

the highlander

Senior Rat Expert
hahaha tiger
we have that here in scotland
you go up the dancing when its "GRAB A GRANNY" night
but they dont want to marry them lol

tigerlil

Major Ratslayer
hahaha tiger
we have that here in scotland
you go up the dancing when its "GRAB A GRANNY" night
but they dont want to marry them lol
yep we have that here to...and dancing around your handbag...and also there is a pick up joint in bristol called the park side but its also known as the park and ride hahahha

C

The thread is called" Why do married Tunisian men have relationships with European women?"
The reason is a very simple one CAUSE THEY CAN
for some reason when european women arrive there as i have said before all sense and sensiblity goes out the window
WHY?
this is the question i have been asking over and over and to date have never had a reply that really makes sense
apparently their english is not in some cases very good except for the pre paired lines
but the lass dont ask well if you cant speak it how the hell can you txt perfect english?
the petulant nature is excused as aww he is acting like a wee boy?
the possesive nature is excused as love "cause he misses me"
over and over i have asked why, what do these men have? that you dont really see anywhere else
As stated at the start its CAUSE THEY CAN well if women kept their brains in gear their senses keen and common sense prevailed then the rats would not exist

As somebody in the uk once said when on holiday "keep yer haun on yer hapeney and yer nickers up"

ora best
the hairy one

I agree with what you are saying and to be honest my answer is ...I don't know. For me, yes they are very handsome, charming, confident, sexy... and yes all sense and sensibility goes out the window in many cases. I am attracted to "exotic" dark eyed, dark haired men, always have been. Some of my friends don't know what I see in them, and I do question myself sometimes. However now I am fully aware of the RAT, Bezness men and will tread more carefully,and try to keep my brain in gear.

G

gingersox

I think a lot of it could be vunerability on the woman's side. With me, it was that. I am a single parent of 2 boys that are very hard work, haven't had attention in a long time so when someone txts you several times a day, doesn't even have to be things like - "I love you, you are so beautiful"! It is just things like "how are you and the boys?" How is work? etc, they are giving you that attention that you haven't had in a long time. When my nan had a stroke recently, Aymen was txting me checking how I was, have I had any news etc. It made me feel so wanted.
I am so glad tho I still have a little voice in my head asking me to think about it, is it real? I am aware that the feelings I have for Aymen are probably because of the attention and not actually for him (if that makes sense) so whatever motives Aymen may have (honest or not) I am not likely to be flying out to be with him or sending him any money/gifts etc. I think the problem is, these men pick up on the need to be loved and see how far they can go with it. :mad:
:D

C

Yes they appear to be so loving and caring it can be difficult to ignore especially with the constant attention.

M

Mona1

I think the rats definitely pick up on vulnerability and the women, in many cases, don't want to see the truth. Some of the "rats" are just opportunists at the beginning and then get egged on by "friends" and change. Others are not rats at all but the relationships just are not right (just as the European ones don't always work) and they still get tarred with the rat brush but the full blown rat is in it for the long term, doesn't care who s/he hurts and will do anything to get what s/he wants. Some are so glib and charming that even the most clued up woman can be taken in by their lies and if these woman are particularly vulnerable as well then......

I really believe that this site is invaluable for support and awareness and if one is forwarned one is forarmed. Not all Tunisian men are rats, not all the things that appear to be ratty behaviour are BUT if there are a number of things that start to come together then the alarm bells should be ringing, the rose coloured glasses should be stamped on and broken and ladies....RUN!!!!

D

dicequeen74

So the most important lessons here :

Be your own best friend and love yourself more than anyone else :)
I think that sums it all hun i personally can say my ex tunisian family(2 be ) never asked me for anything or expected anything and this goes for my hubby soon to ex......he never asked me for anything what i gave was what i wanted to give or take for them.... mm but he still turned out to be a liar and a cheat :huh: and i have known some have girls take laptops and clothes and phones lol so sad and no respect x